Monday, February 21, 2011

Why Should I?


I should move to the suburbs.I should have children.I should go get my PHD in counseling. I should get a nice stable job and work everyday in a school or office. I should....I should.... I should.... As I get deeper and deeper into my twenties ,Its becoming increasingly clear to me what I want to do with my life. It just so happens,that I have not yet reached the part in my plan where moving to the suburbs, having children , and settling down is on the agenda. However, everyone finds it necessary to tell me what I should be doing.As strong willed as I am, sometimes the opinions of other sometimes get to me. I start to tell myself what I should be doing. However, within the last year or so I came to the conclusion that I would live a much happier life if I did what I wanted and not what I should be doing. So what, I'm a writer not a doctor. So what,I don't want kids until I am in my thirties. So what, I don't want to go to a office everyday! This is the year that I will stop feelling bad about what I should be doing and offer no excuses for it. This is the year I stop shoulding all over myself.

0 comments: