Tuesday, July 14, 2009

OPTIMUM HEALTH ?


“I’m going to lose 150 pounds and be a size two! “ the middle aged lady proclaimed across the hall in the exam room across from me. The doctor repeated “A size two? Really? “Then the doctor smiled with the words YEAH RIGHT written all over her face then giggled. In the next room, I was sitting on the exam bed in discomfort because I just knew the middle aged lady was going to go off! So I said to myself “Oh snap! “ (You read correctly, I said oh snap! I have decided to bring it back single handedly) Instead the middle aged lady broke down into tears and expressed her desire and dreams to be a size two. The doctor comforted her for about ten minutes, and then explained to her that not everyone is made or built to be a size two. The lady strongly protested and stormed out of the doctor’s office. After the commotion, the doctor apologized to me and proceeded with my examination. She checked the regular things, the ears, my pulse etc…. Then it was time for her ask me my weight!! Due to the other ladies outburst, I decided to be truthful and tell her my weight and height before she made me get on the scale. She wrote my weight on some chart then continued with the exam. Was I fine? Did I need to lose weight? My curiosity got to me and I had to ask! I asked with hesitation… “Hey doc……what size should I be”? The pause between my question and the doctor’s answer was at least an hour!! Well at least it seemed like that. The doc took out a chart and told me that according to my height and bone structure I should be a size four!!!! Well ladies, I ain’t a size four! Looks like I got some work to do! The doc told me not to worry about it so much. She said if I lose ten to fifteen pounds I should be good. That’s what I intend to do! I have been working my butt off and I’m down a few pounds already! Why are women so touchy about weight? I know I am. If my husband makes one wrong look at what I’m eating I turn incredible hulk on him and tear him to shreds! (I’m pretty sure I turn green and rip my clothes to! ) What is it? Why can’t women feel comfortable in our own skin? If you need to lose weight, why can’t we do it with a smile and love who we are in the process. Are men like this? Why aren’t men like this? How do we teach women of the next generation to appreciate the skin their in? What are your thoughts? Until next time, always be on the lookout for yourself inspired beauty. Even if part of your beauty evolves loosing weight or being comfortable in the skin you’re in.

1 comments:

Amina said...

I totally understand!!!
If I could go back to my high school weight, I wouldn't hesitate!
The dietitian was telling me to be fair to myself...