Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Optimum Inspiration ( what will your legacy be?)


Love him or hate him , admire him or despise him, it is clear to see that Micheal Jackson left a huge impression on the world. Watching his funeral yesterday really made me realize how many people really loved him and how much good he did in this world. Micheal Jackson left a lasting impression on this world and his legacy will live on forever.
While tuned into Micheal Jackson memorial service yesterday, I started thinking. When I'm dead and gone what will my legacy be? what will people remember me for? Will they remember me as the girl with the NY attitude? Will they remember me for the girl who always wanted to do something big in her life but never did? Will they remember me for being funny, or pretty, or a little prissy? The other day I was talking with my friend Cherie (you will see that name a lot....She is my home girl! lol ! ) and we were briefly discussing the fact that women often limit ourselfs. We put what we can accomplish in our life in a box and never step out of that box. We are told that we should go to school, get a job,get married, and have children. Now, don't get me wrong, that is the obvious progression in life but, can we have more? When asking my mother in law what her aspirations where when she was younger she replied " I just wanted to become a wife, mother, and a secretary" Then I asked her if she had any other goals in her life. My mother in law responded " Yeah, I would have loved to write a cook book and open a restaurant" When I asked her why she didn't she simply said that it was a foolish dream. Why do our dreams have to be foolish? Why do we have to stay inside the box? Why cant we build a phenomenal legacy that we are proud of! What if my mother in law opened her restaurant? Where would she have been now? Don't be afraid to fail. Failure is just apart of life. In my opinion, its better to have failed at something you want, then to have never even tried! What is it that you want to do? What do you want your legacy to be? I have a very clear idea of what I want people to remember me for. I plan on trying my hardest to accomplish the goals that I set for myself and believe in God to do the rest. Stay tuned for SHUKURA TAYLORS LEGACY!!! Whats yours?.. until next time , define your legacy and always be on the look out for your self inspired beauty!!

0 comments: