Wednesday, December 9, 2009

SELF INSPIRED BEAUTY OF THE MONTH


This months S.I.B of the month has nothing to with accessories, clothes, shoes or makeup. This inspiring lady has nothing to do with what makeup trend is "in" for winter or even if we are wearing a round or pointy to this season. Instead, she has everything to do with food!.....while doing some much needed writing at Barnes and Noble the other day, I was interrupted by a womens voice on the intercom informing everyone of Ms. Rachel Rays arrival to the store! She was coming to the book store to have a book signing for her latest book!..... I automatically knew that I simply had to talk to her to ask her some questions about her self inspired beauty!Let me start by saying that she is genuine and extremely nice! ( like scary nice, with amazing skin! She must exfoliate like twice a week..lol!) While listening to Rachel Ray speak about her latest book. I almost instantly realized what she believed her self inspired beauty was! It was clear that the joy of cooking and serving others was what she enjoyed most! And lets be honest she is damn good at it! I will be honest, I didn't get a chance to talk to her that long and I really wish I could have. But, being the busy women she is she had to go to her next gig........anyway here are a few things I found out about Mrs Ray.I didn't set it up like a interview because it really wasn't. I was just being a pushy writer who wanted to get in her business. Lol! Anyway the infomation is below. BTW I got her to sign her book. Shoe wrote " To shukura,my number one fan who loves using EVOO and thinks all food is yummo! -Rachel Ray" How Awesome is that! Until next time ,continue to use your EVOO(Rachel way coined that phrase) and always be on the look out for your self inspired beauty !

ME: how old where you when you finally started doing what you enjoy?
Rachel ray was everything from a waiter, to a short order cook, to a associate at a grocery store. She loves food ! Nothing else makes her more happy, so from a young age she surrounded herself with food. It wasn't till her late twenties/ early thirty's when we started to see her on TV.

ME:How do you come up with so many recipe?
Rachel : I think about food all the time! I am always writing down recipes in my phone.Its like a hobby for me!It always has been and I love it! the recipe just come.

ME: What do you enjoy most about your job?
Rachel : Ummmm....you don't get it dude.... I love to eat!! just kidding,I really enjoy making people feel happy and comfortable. I have really been blessed that this is my full time job!

ME: If you had one thing to say to people who think that they cant accomplish their dreams what would it be?
Rachel : You can do whatever you put your mind to! if you dream it you can achieve it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, how I love Rachel Ray!!! I have some of her products- wonderful!!! Good quickie interview!

Love your blog. Keep up the good work!

Yankeenaijababe said...

Rachel Ray is one intelligent young woman, love her. This was a nice interview. We can do everything if we believe