Thursday, December 17, 2009

WHats Your style?


In the world of of Chanel, Dior,BCBG, Micheal Kores, YSL, Chloe, Marc Jacobs and Diane Von Furstenberg. Defining your own style becomes more and more overwhelming. More discerning is trying to make crucial choice's between which trend fits your style. How does a gal decide between skinny jeans and boyfriend jeans, platform boots and riding boots, dark nail polish and a french tip.Every season fashion books and magazines tell us what is " in" this season.What color is the must have color and if we are wearing round toes or pointy toe shoes. Trends change so frequently that if you are not an educated fashonista ( like yous truly) it can become overwhelming trying to stay "on trend". Well ladies, I have a secret to share with you that might come as a surprise coming from me but,.............................you don't have to stay on trend. Before you call the fashion police and report that I have gone rouge and that I have defiled the good name of Fashion, please allow me to explain. Style is more then what clothes you put on your body.Everyone has their own sense of style, so if this seasons leather, zippers,shoulder pads, dark nail polish,statement necklace's and Smokey eye' doesn't scream your name. Why wear it? The great thing about trends changing so frequently is that you can choose what trends you want to wear and what trends you want to leave on the runway. Defining ones style is crucial to you feeling comfortable and beautiful in your own skin. Don't get me wrong, I am a zipper wearing,shoulder pad sporting,dark nail polish painting, dark smokey eye wearing kinda gal. But, If I didn't like or feel comfortable in this seasons new trend I would wear what I felt comfortable in. Fashion is not just clothes and shoes.....its the way you live your life...until next time always be on the look out for your self inspired beauty.

0 comments: