Thursday, May 7, 2009

SELF INSPIRED BEAUTY OF THE MONTH


I have been privileged to have known some amazing women who are so clearing self inspired. This is why I have decided to incorporate a "self inspired beauty of the month". The very first women I am going to feature inspired me to follow my dreams. She even inspired me to start this blog! She pretty much told me to get off my butt,stop complaining and do what makes me happy.( she said it in a much nicer way of course) That is why I see fit to feature her first . We went to college together for a little while. She has since lived in Australia for a year and has traveled to other parts of the world. She is now in the world of fashion and costume design and has gotten to work with people such as Donald Trump and Chirsettie Michelle. I want to be like her when I grow up! She has a amazing man who is very clearly in love with her and treats her like the queen she is.One night at their amazing apartment in Harlem, Jason ( her man) said to me " She keeps me laughing, she is like my little laugh machine.....I Love her" . He is right! She is very funny! That very same night she broke out in a break dance on a whim while her man cheered her on! Very funny! They are clearly in love. She has a amazing sense of style! Her accessory game is on point! She incorporates vintage pieces into her outfits which bring the outfit to a new level. Last time I saw her she was wearing a vintage scarf around her neck that was tied in the most chic way that she didn't even need any more accessories! She even had a idea that one weekend we should go vintage. She called it "Vintage Sundays" when she does go I will most certainly be there. I need to step up my accessory game and she is just the person to show me how.Not only is her style amazing but so is her heart. I love the way that she can see the beauty in other women because as women we often "hate and don't appreciate" She gives compliments to women without feeling threatened. It is my belief, that this is one of the signs of being a Self inspired beauty. The women I am talking about is Cielita Thomas , Self inspired beauty of the month. Thanks Cielita for kicking my butt into gear to follow my dreams.


May 1 at 11:49am
Reply
Name: Cielita Thomas

Occupation: Fashion Stylist/Costume Designer

Whats your Inspiration in life? My life……(the ups coupled w/ the downs).lol

What city do you live in? Harlem, NY

How would you describe your style? Vintage Glam w/ a side of Rocker Chic

Skinny leg or boot cut jeans? Skinny

pointy toe or round to shoes? Round

Whats your best asset? My smile

Whats your fav beauty product? There’s too many…….I’m totally a product junky. Lol. Mmmmm…okay, maybe coconut oil. It’s great for hair and body and I gotta have my bronzer, blush, and a lil mascara.

What do admire most in a women? Our innate ability to nurture.

What do you feel the most important asset is that a women can posses? Love for self and positive energy.

What in your environment inspires you to know your beauty? Great question!! Omg!!! Ummmmm. NYC and all the beautiful ppl and forms of art here. You can’t help but be inspired by this place. We turn trash into beauty! Lol

Do you consider your self a self inspired beauty? Yes, I am self inspired on a regular basis but the strength of others inspires me the most.

0 comments: