Thursday, May 7, 2009

Optimum Power ( Dont give up your power)


Today I was riding on the four train . At the Union Square stop, a young couple walked into the train . They were clearing aggravated and arguing with one another. The young lady , who wasn't more then 18 years old, was impeccably dressed. She was wearing the most dainty round toe Steve Maddens that I drooled over while browsing on 34th street the other day. She had the most outrageous theory empire waste navy blue dress and a knock off Louis Vuitton speedy purse ( oh yea.... I can spot a knock off!) Her hair was in a well kept curly afro with light brown highlights. She wore light gold eyeshadow and deep red nail polish. She was simply stunning! The young man she was with had much less curb appeal. He was clearly in need of a haircut and desperately in need of a shave! And I might be mistaken, but I am pretty sure he was missing his two front teeth! He was in no way as attractive as the young lady.I was extremely taken back that they were even together. Not only did she look better then him but she was clearly on another level mentally. He held a ipod touch and was blaring some song by Rick Ross , while she held a copy of " I know why the caged birds sings" by Maya Angelou. Every other word out of his mouth was a curse while she decided to speak softly during their argument. They just were not on the same level! I was very intrigued with their conversation, though I tried to play it off by pretending to read my most recent book. They were arguing about the no tooths guy whereabouts the previous night. The young lady informed him that he was caught because her mother saw him on her block kissing another girl!!!! OMG! At this point I was waiting for the break up speech. You know the one that says your a dog, I'm not giving you anymore chances, and I'm better than you. But that speech never came.The whole ride back to Brooklyn the girl was apologizing to this no tooth guy for not trusting him. I wanted to scream! Her mother told her about him cheating, he has done this to before and he is not even on this chicks level!!!! Why cant this girl just get a better man?! One of my biggest issues with women is that we don't realize the power that we have. We often find some looser guy who is not worth our time,body,and soul and we surrender all of our power! What do I mean by power? Women if you realize it or not we run things ! If a man is truly in love with a women he will do anything in his power to make that women happy. You ever heard a older couple who has been together for years talk about their relationship? If you have you often hear the husband say " If mama aint happy then nobody is happy" or the husband will say " Ask the wife, she is boss lady" Not to toot my own horn but ,My man will go out his way and make himself uncomfortable just to make me happy. ( hey boo!) He always has, and because he loves me I will always be first on his list. How do I know? He told me! Most importantly he shows me. Ladies I guarantee you when you realize and find your power that is when you will attract a good man. Good men like strong women who don't let them do whatever they want. This is why ladies the "Bitch" always gets the man. (more about that later) . Below I have comprised a list of what constitutes a good man and a undesirable man. Read the list and tell me what you think. Please feel free to add or subtract to list in the comment section.( click on the word comment at the end of the article) This is the first in my series I'm calling "optimum power"......stayed tuned for the next installment titled " The Signs of a Good Relationship" .Remember that you are the prize and that you should be treated as such. Its ok to let a man spoil you and make you his queen. When you know you got a good man........MAKE HIM YOUR KING!.....I got my king! Anyone who knows me knows that I am spoiled because of my King .......Until next time, I gotta go right now...King Reggie needs some attending to....... But in the meantime be on the lookout for your self inspired beauty

SIGNS OF A GOOD MAN

He often puts your needs first
He often wants you to be happy
HE NEVER CHEATS!!!!!
HE NEVER CHEATS!!!
oh and HE NEVER CHEATS!!!
He calls you often just because
He ask you how your day was
When asked " Baby do i look fat in this?" He quickly replies "Sweetie how can such a beautiful women ever look fat in anything! "
He is respectful
He opens the door for you. ( My man still opens the door for me and we have been together for almost ten years)
When your happy.....he is happy
He is a man of integrity


SIGNS OF A LOOSER

His needs always comes first
He clearly doesn't take your felling into consideration
He often lies about where he was
HE CHEATS ON YOU!!
He flirts with other women and has inappropriate relationships with them
HE CHEATS ON YOU!!!
He only text you
He is disrespectful to you
HE CHEATS ON YOU!!

You have to ask him to change his relationship status on facebook to " in a relationship" and ladies don't buy the excuse that he forgot. Because when a man is in love, he is not afraid to put it out there.

He wants to keep your relationship on the Down low for awhile. What! Tell him you will not be his best kept secret. This is just a sign that he wants to keep his options open. Don't believe me? Ask any honest man who will tell you the truth.I did, and they all said the same thing.

HE CHEATS ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: