Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Optimum Appreciation 2


The other day around three o'clock I sat in the public library trying to get some much needed work done, when at least twenty to thirty junior high school kids came yelling and screaming into the library. They were running around and knocking books off of the shelfs just to be funny. It was driving me insane! In the mist of of this craziness I noticed a little girl with long braids and cute little pink glasses in the corner reading a Baby sitters club book. Remember those? She was so into the book that she didn't even look up. Ever so often I would hear her giggle or sigh at whatever was taking place in the book. It was adorable! She was perfectly content until a group of girls walked over to her and started to harass her . They called her ugly, pulled her hair, then made fun of what she was wearing. ( which was cute to me, it looked kinda like a forever 21 sun dress it matched her little pink sunglasses) they told her she smelled, she was stupid, and nobody liked her! Then they pushed her out of her seat and made her move to another seat. I felt so bad for this little girl. I felt like I should go say something to her. I told myself to mind my business but then she started to cry, and the nurturer in me came out! I collected my things and went to sit at her table. Soon after the girls that were harassing her left. I was then able to talk to this little girl who's name was Linzze ( Hi Linzze!) She proceeded to tell me that ever since the boys in her class announced that she was the prettiest person in their class the girls in her class have been unbearably mean to her. No matter what she does, they just don't like her ! She even said that one day she ask one of the girls " why are you so mean to me?" The little girl responded " Cause you think your prettier then all of us and your not !! " Sound familiar ? Ladies in our subculture, its apparent that we have a problem with hating. It starts from a very young age and goes on for the rest of our life's. Have you seen or heard a man say that he doesn't like another man because he can play ball better then him? In most cases men respect a man who is more talented. Why cant we be like that? I use to think that my sole purpose on this earth was to mold and develop the minds of the youth and help them achieve their academic goals. However, I now know that teaching is in my spirit and its my life goal to teach women young and old to love them selfs. I would love for women to have the type of comradery that men have. I plan on changing that as much as I can. Lets all start by learning how to appreciate our selfs. Learning how to love our down falls and our positives aspects is where it starts then we can surely appreciate the good in other women without putting them down. Don't know what your positive assets are? Ask someone! A good person to ask is always a family member. Family can often be brutally honest. But you get what you are looking for. Linzze now checks my blog everyday to keep her loving herself and in good spirits. She also checks the Steve Madden website every day for new shoe arrives! A girl after my own heart ! Linzze promised me that she would try her hardest to ignore those silly girls and that she would be on the look out for her self inspired beauty. You should to!
(The first installment of this serious was on 5/14/09. If you missed it go check it out)

0 comments: