Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Optimum Power ( what contributes to a good relationship)


(I wrote the first installment of this series on May 7, 2009 .Go check it out if you haven't read it yet its titled "optimum power". It gives great insight to what this series will deal with.)


Coming from a family of divorced parents , I was very careful in selecting a man. I was strategic in plotting out my plans to make sure that I wouldn't get hurt and that I would find a man who loves and cherishes me. I was in desperate need of whatever the opposite was that my parents had. Since I have been eighteen I have been on the look out for what where the signs of a good relationship. During my quest to find what makes up a good relationship ,I observed older couples and couples that have been together and have had a successful relationship. I have also payed close attention to those relationships that failed, who had constant auguring, and constant issues. My observation lead me to several thoughts . I realized that in every single relationship that I admired the couple were best friends. I don't mean they just say that they are BFF's but they are honestly best friends. They laugh with each other, they have inside jokes, they can tell each other everything, and they can hang out with each other all day. They are who they are with or without their partner. You can easily spot these couples . If they are in a group of people, they are usually close to each other having their own inside jokes. They are the couple who often make eye contact across the room and can know what the other is thinking. Think of your best friend. What are things you share with them? Those are the same things that you should share with your partner! Most of the couples that I admire where friends first and have been together for many many years! ( shout out to Cherie and Keith and Jason and Celita) I have been with my husband for nine and a half years and we have been married for almost two years. When people ask " aren't you sick of each other yet? We kindly answer " You cant get sick of your best friend,sometimes they are all you got !" We can hang out all day and have a blast!!!!!!! He is truly my best friend. Before we got married everyone wanted to give us advice. The one thing that everyone said was that what makes up a a great long lasting relationship is friendship. Now this is not to say that best friends don't occasionally disagree. But a BFF can say what they have to say and move on. You ever wonder about those couples you break up to make up over and over again? Are they asking for a slow death!!! Do you stop being a BFF"S with your friend when you disagree ? Of course you don't! You each say your thoughts and you work it out and move on. Believe me having a best friend and a lover in one person is heaven!!!!!! ( love you babe). What do you think ? How important is friendship to a relationship? Is your mate your bff ? Stay tuned for the next installment of optimum power. In the mean time you know what to do.........be on the look out for your S.I.B!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: